I began teaching when I was very young. I am the oldest of three children and was responsible for tutoring my siblings with their homework, especially the "new math" that was popular at the time. When I was 16, my church volunteered assistance to a family who had a daughter with special needs. I was her speech and reading tutor for several years. I followed that direction and trained in special teaching methods that met the needs of children with remedial problems.
Later, when I was a single mom and I tutored from home so that I could be home with my son and homeschool him. Then, my son was killed in a car accident when he was 17 and that left many broken dreams and the question: What do I do with the rest of my life? So, I embraced a new vision for my life. A student that came to our school inspired me to return to college and pursue my Master's Degree in Autistic Education.
I work with a variety of students including students with ADD, ADHD, Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, ESL and anything else that comes my way.
- UMKC - B.A. Magna cum Laude in English
- MWSU - MAS in Autistic Education will graduate in 2012
- Lindamood LiPS Auditory Discrimination Skills
- FastForward Auditory Processing Skills
- Interactive Metronome Integrated Brain Processing Skills
- Son-Rise Start-Up Program Social Skills Training for ASD
what we offer
- Supply things like diapers and wipes
- We help mothers finish their high school degrees
- We assist in obtaining GED's
- Help acquire office skills
- Services for mothers with autistic children
1. To give the best possible care.
As a mother and teacher, I realize the importance of being prepared to give your baby the best possible care and every opportunity to grow up loved and well taken of.
2. Take every opportunity for children to grow up loved.
Please join us in our mission to assist the 27% of young mothers who need a hand up and out of poverty.
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.